finally done!

I completed two of my major projects recently....the stained glass window of the provo river for george handley and my sweater....both were started 6+ months ago, but hey, good art takes time right? mostly, it's been difficult to find time when my number one distractor is around. i don't blame him in the least, but am happy i finally found a few spare moments to finish up these projects. now on to the water fountain for our living room and renovating the ant farm so our poor lonely queen ant has somewhere warm to live in the winter (p.s. it snowed today!).

oh..and as an explanation...the window was made at the request of dr. handley (who was my environmental humanities teacher a year ago....I'm taking the window to him today) and he wanted it to represent his experiences with the provo river. I combined aerial shots of the provo river pre- and post- restoration (http://www.mitigationcommission.gov/prrp/prrp.html) and put them together to form one river. other sections were inspired by topographic outlines of mountains, dr. handley's love of birch trees (hence the wood and leaves), and fractal patterns (ecology mumbo jumbo). thanks to laura creighton for her art critique at the beginning stages and to mike for helping with the timpanogos section, for being patient, and for technical/moral support concerning epoxy, aethestics, etc.


the window and the sweater (by coincidence)


the whole shebang


the river


timpanogos


just another angle


wood and lead details


the "upstream" view of the river

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That's beautiful! You're amazing!

Tammy said...

Wow Sarah! I absolutely love both! You are so talented!

Allison said...

That is gorgeous, Sarah. I sound like an echo, but you are amazing!