craft catch-up

What's a girl to do when her hubbie is out of town?

Well first off, have less guilt about
eating frosting out of the can
and drinking milk straight from the carton
(old habits die hard, and are reignited
when living the single lifestyle temporarily).
Thank goodness he's coming home today
or I might revert permanently to a diet
of grilled cheese and cereal.

That little diet disclosure aside,
I've had time to finish crafty odds and ends
and to finally gather pictures of the things
I've been working on over the past year.
So, organized according to craft type,
here are some of the creative things I've been up to.

~~~

SEWING
(my favorite hobby these days)

maxi skirt from old tshirts
(currently being dyed:
to a nice green/blue...
another activity best done while
the hubbie is gone so I don't get in trouble)


my first dress!


dress #2
(out of fabric from the L.A. fashion district)


close-up of the bodice
(a bit of improvisation)


infinity dress
(can be tied in a million different ways)


elastic-waist reversible skirt
(using leftover wedding ribbon!)


modesty refashion of sport top
(just went running in it yesterday!)


tshirts to kids' dresses
(for a friend's twin girls)


owl softies from scraps

bunny ribbon taggies

~~~

JEWELRY

Peruvian thread earrings


flower rings
(in many colors now!)


button rings

~~~

KNITTING
socks!
(after Christmas, I swore I would not
do any more...but I'm in the middle
of another pair...the yarn was just
the perfect lime green color.
now I just need to finish the second sock
so I can stop looking like a weirdo wearing
one sock around the house)


warm headbands
(to subtly use my variegated yarn stash)


nesting dolls

~~~

BOOK BINDING
YW values journal for Jess

wedding guestbook for Emily
(and another for Tam!
see my fledgling business here)

~~~

GLASS
leaf stained glass
(I'm currently pressing some ginko leafs
that I'm super excited to use)


flower panel
(I finished this a few years ago,
but someone recently asked to see it)


glass gift for a friend
(another oldie, but it inspires
me to do more glass work)

~~~

well, thanks for humoring me whether you intended to or not.
mostly, this was theurapeutic to help me survive
the last few hours before my cute hubbie gets home.
hopefully something in here sparked your creative juices!
happy crafting!

2 comments:

Julie Radmall said...

Sarah, I am again ASTOUNDED by your craftiness, creativity, and speed in doing projects like that. Your dresses look awesome, and those little owls from "scraps" are adorable. We had a great time coming to see you and Mike, and I hope we can do it again soon!

Allison said...

I echo Julie's comment--your crafts are incredible! You are so talented! I wish I could have you come over and show me how to do this stuff! The owls were so cute, and the maxi dress from old shirts sounds great. Wow. So cool!