For the second time, we visited the California Science Center as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. The main attraction, of course, was the recent arrival of the space shuttle Endeavor. Michael wasn't joking when he said "we'll need at least 2 hours"...I took snacks and plenty of diapers and good thing, because we were there for 3.5 hours (don't worry, if you're a normal human being with small children, you could probably bust it out in a hour with lines and videos and such).
touching the shuttle wheels from the final landing
1st encounter with the Endeavor
(after getting pumped up on a flight simulation which put babe to sleep)
learning about the SSME with dad
(this was close to 1 hour of the experience...patient baby (he slept for most of it),
I left them and went to read displays)
smooching behind the shuttle
(he just started doing this face burying thing...so funny)
sayonara shuttle!
the other highlight of our trip included a night aboard the Queen Mary
(Michael has a bit of a fetish for transportable housing situations).
the babe woke at 5am and Michael took him exploring to keep him quiet
(they met many old folks at that time of day, let's just say, many grandmas pinching his fat cheeks).
they gave me the mini tour after I snoozed a little longer.
look mom! operable portholes (just as advertised)
I think most of their early morning explore included this:
no wonder baby was worn out.





0 comments:
Post a Comment