snow or sand?

we just arrived in denver. as much as we miss the seasons, we're spoiled by the year-round sunny weather in socal.

here's a comparison for you...

my family's house before their thanksgiving visit:


the view we treated them to a day later:



yeah. it's a rough life.

here are some pics of the beach with the walker fam at thanksgiving:

playing with uncle ben = relatively sand free

playing with uncle chris = embrace the sand, it is your friend

playing with grandpa and grandma = nazi 'stache, aka face plant

just teasing, I actually don't know who was playing with him because  I got to go play in the ocean for once. all I know is that my baby was cute and clean when I left him, then full of sand in every orifice when I returned. I just pray this is not a reflection of his future intelligence, we are still working on the concept of what is and isn't food...apparently sand is still considered edible (and recently dryer lint aka 'cotton candy'...the kid can get his hand in the lint trap in a split second if the door is ever ever left open, say to do a load of laundry, and he comes at the speed of light to get some of that goodness if he hears you open said door or the preceding mud room door...it's simultaneously disgusting and amusing, which is why I died laughing reading this (link), see #8 in particular, but this is basically my child verbatim...yikes).

stay tuned for baby's snowy cold adventures over the holidays

0 comments: