beach escapades: hawaii edition

despite my fear of waves, my parents decided to take me to hawaii. yeah, there are sharks and jellyfish there peeps, and not them tame filter feeding leopard sharks like at my hometown beach. i played it cool though, not showing my worry by wearing these sweet shades (well, before i snapped them in two during a demonic rage after having to hold still during an hour + of turbulence from some silly little things called hurricanes)
 


but, the water was warmer than our home beach, so i quickly became a wave maniac. many much hours were spent chasing me to prevent the ocean from stealing me.
 


aunty sue and daddy even took me for a little adventure on the boogie board.

 it was swell.


and of course, I spent plenty of time in the sand. I liked it so much that I got up most mornings at 4am ready to head out to the beach (aka the only place where i could make noise without waking all my relatives). what can i say, i don't like switching time zones. but you can thank me for seeing moon-sets and sun-rises on the beach which you would have otherwise snoozed through. you're welcome.


you know it's a serious sand construction zone when i get on my tummy (above) or don't notice that i'm down to one shoe (below).


  I decided to take a "sip" of sand from my little green cup. it didn't go so well.
(previous documentation of my sand consumption habits here and here)

so, I snitched a drink from dad's contraband camelbak instead.

it's hard work being a beach baby.




0 comments: